Join our sporting community that values people with an intellectual disability, that supports their goals and celebrates their achievements.
Special Olympics fosters an environment where people with an intellectual disability can have fun, get fit, build self-esteem, demonstrate courage, and make friends.
We provide a community where individuals can meet people of similar ability and develop skills at their own pace. This is done through community sporting, recreational, social and health activities
Special Olympics WA members have access to a range of offerings, including:
- Regular sport and recreation opportunities delivered by qualified and experienced coaches, volunteers, and partners.
- Sport competition pathway events, including local sporting competitions, annual State Games, National Games and World Games.
- Global unified leadership initiatives, including workshops and seminars, mentoring programs, and workplace placements.
- Inclusive health offerings, including one on one and group fitness sessions and health screenings.
- Ongoing community support and advice via engagement forums, personal development workshops, and networking events.
- A Special Olympics athlete member welcome gift.
For information on our current offerings, please visit Special Olympics WA website:
Western Australia | Special Olympics Australia
Free Come and Try Sessions
All individuals eligible for membership can come and try up to 3 free sport training sessions before joining as a member. Contact us directly on [email protected] to arrange your free sessions.